1. Barthelmess EK, Naz RK. Polycystic ovary syndrome: current status and future perspective. Front Biosci (Elite Ed). 2014 Jan 1;6:104-19.
2. Sinopol® package insert, February 2019.
3. Rago R, Marcucci I, Leto G, et al. Effect of myo-inositol and alpha-lipoic acid on oocyte quality in polycystic ovary syndrome non-obese women undergoing in vitro fertilization: a pilot study. J Biol Regulators Homeostatic Agents 2015;29(4):1-11.
4. Cappelli V, Musacchio MC, Bulfoni A, et al. Natural molecules for the therapy of hyperandrogenism and metabolic disorders in PCOS. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 2017; 21(2 Suppl):15-29.
5. Bellver J, Rodríguez-Tabernero L, Robles A, et al. Polycystic ovary syndrome throughout a woman’s life. J Assist Reprod Genet 2018;35:25 -39.
6. Carbonelli MG, Di Renzo L, Bigioni M, et al. α-Lipoic Acid Supplementation: A Tool for Obesity Therapy? Curr Pharmaceut Design 2010;16:840-846.
7. PCOS Awareness Association. What is Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) [online] [cited 2019 July 29]. Available from URL:
8. Sirmans SM, Pate KA. Epidemiology, diagnosis, and management of polycystic ovary syndrome. Clin Epidemiol 2014:6 1 -13.
9. Genazzani AD, Shefer K, Della Casa D, et al. Modulatory effects of alpha‑lipoic acid (ALA) administration on insulin sensitivity in obese PCOS patients.
J Endocrinol Invest 2018;41:583 -590.
10. Gunalan E, Yaba A, Yımaz B. The effect of nutrient supplementation in the management of polycystic ovary syndrome-associated metabolic dysfunctions:
A critical review. J Turk Ger Gynecol Assoc 2018;19:220-32.
11.De Cicco S, Immediata V, Romualdi D, et al. Myoinositol combined with alpha-lipoic acid may improve the clinical and endocrine features of polycystic ovary syndrome through an insulin-independent action. Gynecol Endocrinol 2017;33(9):698 -701.
12. Sharif E, Rahman S, Zia Y, et al. The frequency of polycystic ovary syndrome in young reproductive females in Qatar. Int J Women’s Health 2017:9 1 -10.
13. Iezzi ML, Varriale G, Rorge N, et al. Polycystic ovary syndrome in adolescence: new therapeutic approach with inositol and alpha-lipoic acid. Int J Curr Res 2017;9(7):54006-54011.
Proprietary name (and dosage form): SINOPOL® granules. Composition: Each sachet contains: Myo-inositol 1 000 mg, Alpha Lipoic Acid 400 mg and Folic Acid 200 µg. Complementary Medicine: Health Supplement. D34.12 Multiple Substance formulation. This unregistered medicine has not been evaluated by SAHPRA for its quality, safety or intended use. Studies as part of the references were not conducted on Sinopol®. Name and business address of applicant: iNova Pharmaceuticals (Pty) Limited. Co. Reg. No. 1952/001640/07, 15e Riley Road, Bedfordview. Tel. No. 011 087 0000. www.inovapharma.co.za.
For more information, speak to your healthcare professional. For full prescribing information, refer to the package insert. Further information is available on request from iNova Pharmaceuticals. IN3469/19